Some Advice from the Pros
Tending to the needs of your carpet is a small step towards improving the appearance and health of your home. Whether you’re moving in or moving out, a professionally cleaned carpet can leave a lasting impression on potential homeowners and sellers. Below are some handy carpet cleaning tips and guidelines for maintaining your carpet and selecting a professional carpet cleaning service.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
Unless the existing finish is flat you'll need to apply a primer coat to make the new paint adhere. On flat-painted walls that require only minor repairs you may simply choose to spot prime. For walls with larger areas of patching plaster, it's advisable to use a sealer or primer/sealer. Priming doesn't require as much care as painting, but it's done the same way; follow the next three steps, which you'll repeat with the paint after the primer dries.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week - up to 80% of carpet dirt is loose and removable with regular vacuuming
- When vacuuming, go with the pile grain. This helps remove surface soils. Go against the grain to remove deeper, embedded particles
- Rotate your furniture occasionally. This helps to prevent premature carpet wear and soiling in regular traffic areas of your house<
- If you’ve ever attempted to clean your carpet with a rental or home steam cleaner, take great caution. If you don’t know what you’re doing, and you don’t remove most of the water, your carpets could easily result in an unhealthy situation. High moisture levels can leak through to the carpet back and pad, which could promote the growth of mold and mildew. The carpet shouldn’t take more than 24 hours to dry.
- Call CitruSolution today 251-621-6880